Saturday, February 10, 2018

Challenge


Challenge can be tinged with light.

It can be intoxicating, motivating, invigorating.
Reaching goals and dreaming the dreams.
It can help me keep persevering...
To keep pushing, striving and reaching.
Basking in the afterglow of achievement
Those challenges are life-giving and affirming


Challenge can be tinged with darkness.


My challenge that is ever-present 
Is that of growing in self-acceptance.

Silencing the inner critic who bullies
And keeps me swimming in self-doubt.
Demanding that I hide my light.
That I shine less...doubt more.

Challenge contains both... sun and shadow
.
There is not a predetermined result.
There is not an easy solution
Wrapped up in pretty pink ribbon.
However, challenge's root is always hope.
Believing that God-given strength and love
Will illuminate the dark challenge and win.


Linking up with Mama Kat this week. 
Write a blog post inspired by the word:challenge.









.





2 comments:

  1. There really are so many possibilities with a word like challenge. Maybe that's why I tend to shy away from it! Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see you again! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make me smile!