Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Freedom to Run

Tonight I'm going to post when I'm in an upbeat mood!  The last few posts have been when I was tired or overwhelmed.  Certainly don't want to be a downer for any of you that are kind enough to stop by.

Well, I started out as Debbie Downer this evening. Full day at work and full evening working at home....you all know the drill!  I have been telling myself over & over that I need to get back to eating healthier and back to running. I felt my best when I was doing those things.....but have just lacked the motivation or discipline.

I'm not sure what hit me ...maybe the Holy Spirit? :)....but at 9:15 I put on my running shoes and headed out the door.  I only ran 1 mile but I did it!  The cold air was taking it's toll on my breathing, but I must admit I feel better.

I am one of the most nonathletic people in the world, so the fact that I began running a year and a half ago is really a miracle.  I have been very sporadic with it the last 6 months but I'm planning on doing a 5K next month, and a 10 mile race in August. Better get these buns moving!!

My underlying reason for posting this is if I announce it to all of you maybe, just maybe, it will make me more accountable.  Discipline in my physical self-care is sorely lacking. 

Although the potato chips would have tasted better, I think I chose the right escape tonight....and for that, I'm grateful!

12 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kristi. I am glad that you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest part is getting out the door! Good luck on running the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats. I really should get motivated too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I'm hoping to start moving more as soon as my mom gets the stroller over here. I have one, but the wheels are wonky and makes taking walks very stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are running right now ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! I'm not a running person either, I prefer long relaxed walks instead. Hehe. But it definitely feels more gratifying to run. So I think 1 mile is great! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I'm cheering for you--hope the races go well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a runner. I have been a runner and since my last baby gave it up happily. I will not be a runner ever again. Because even though I love the high, I hate getting there. Instead I will walk, I will ride and I will play with abandon. Because, like your running, doing things which are good for me, feel good, even if it means I left that bag of chips (or box of chocolates) calling my name. Good on you, for finding that Spirit within you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! That's great! I used to run, but stopped. I will begin, again. You are a motivator! You keep running and posting about it! However, please tell me that you chose to run at 9:15 in the morning. No running at night-too many nut-cases out looking for trouble. Run with someone or earlier or buy a treadmill. No running at night! Promise!? I like reading your blog and want you to continue to inspire me to write mine. Much love. Cynthia

    P.S. I mean it!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter, Kristi. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go girl!! I currently am doing Insanity! UGH! LOL!! Happy Easter and keep up the good work momma!
    Thanks for the follow! Returning the love!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make me smile!